AC Dielectric Test Set
We offer a complete line of AC Dielectric Test Sets with output voltage and power ratings to meet all testing requirements.
AC Dielectric Test Set
KVTEK offers a complete line of AC Dielectric Test Sets with output voltage and power ratings to meet all testing requirements. Systems are available from 5 kV up to over 1000 kV with power ratings designed to meet the needs of a particular testing application. Several different high voltage transformer designs and control packages are available to better meet individual application requirements. KVTEK can also supply a trailer mounted mobile test system for on-site testing. KVTEK also designs and manufacture a variety of specialized AC Dielectric Test Sets, which are designed to meet certain applicable standards for dielectric testing.
Our AC Series Resonant Test Set range covers:
- Oil filled AC test Transformer (Tank type or cylindrical type)
- SF6 Gas Filled AC test Transformer
- Voltage Regulator
- Laptop based controller
- Continuously adjustable output voltage from zero to rated voltage
- Laptop based digital controller unit
- Zero start interlock to ensure that voltage control is at zero before HV cab be energized
- External interlock
- Main power circuit breaker
- Low PD level
- Rotating Machines
- Insulating Materials
- Instrument Transformers
- Sample Cable Lengths
- Transmission Line Hardware
- HV Components
All windings are wound using copper wire coated with synthesis enamel insulation. Depending on size and application, they may also be wrapped with Kraft paper or Nomex insulation. In some case, Cellulose wrapping is provided where very high voltages or very low PD levels are required.
In order to make sure of low sine wave distortion, intensity of magnetic flux of transformer is set below inflexion of silicon sheet. Intensity of the magnetic flux of the core is less than 1.5T. Iron core is made from high quality DQ130- 30 grain orientation silicon sheet.
SF6 Gas Filled AC test Transformer
SF6 insulated test transformers are designed for testing metal-clad switchgear (GIS) and substation equipment. It is also a portable and easy maintenance solution compare to oil filled transformer. The conventional Transformer can be flanged directly to the GIS. This makes testing of such GIS installation possible without feeding them through an air SF6 bushing. There for the merit of the encapsulation remain effective also during the testing which is of importance of Partial Discharge tests. These systems are particularly suitable for on-site tests of GIS after assembly. In the factory, they allow to test sub assemblies and components directly in the manufacturing line thus avoid transportation to a central test facility and extra handling.
- Small and compact dimensions resulting in minimum space requirements
- Light-weight components
- Rugged construction to withstand transportation stresses
- Direct flanging to the test object
- High safety for operating personnel because of encapsulation of all HV carrying parts
- Large range of application in conjunction with test bushing for testing of „open“ equipment
- Built-in HV measuring capacitor
These systems are usually customised design. Rated Voltage between 10 KV to 800 KV and rated Current up to 4A are available.
Regulating transformer adjust the input voltage of the transformer without any steps. Driving motor allows variable regulating speed (40 – 240 S from zero to 100% of the voltage). Zero start interlock forces the operator start always from zero voltage. Primary breaker and secondary contactor are placed in the cabinet of regulating transformer. LV power filter can also be placed in the same cubical.
Laptop based controller
- Switching ON/OFF High voltage Contactor.
- Manual variation of the output high voltage with variable speed control.
- Automatic raise of the output voltage to a pre-defined value with pre-defined speed.
- Timer with START / RESET switches for automatic switching off high voltage at pre-selected time period.
- Over voltage and over current protection with alarm indicator.
- Multiple test sequence can be programmed.
- Test voltage vs. time can be displayed in the form of a diagram. Display of all alarms and warnings.
- Report Generation Software
- Printing the report or saving the report is optionally selectable