These modular systems are built for voltages generally ranging between 200 kV to 1600kV, power ranging between 250 kVA to 64,000 kVA. Higher voltages are achieved by having multiple modules stacked in series on top of one another.
It is not possible to have multiple taps on the modular system but different tuning ranges are achieved by connecting the modules in series or parallel.
- Very low (real) input power is required for large output (reactive) power.
- The output voltage is naturally filtered.
- In the event of a fault in test object, the system detunes and the power follow from the mains is eliminated thus limiting damage to the fault site to a minimum.
- The system is operated in a controlled resonant condition so accidental resonant cannot occur.
- Lower test equipment cost for system rated 250 KVA and above.
- Reduced costs because of the substantially reduced input KVA required.
- Lower installation cost for the power service because the load is at unity power factor.
- Operating costs are reduced because input KVA requirement is low and mains unbalance is minimized.
PC Based Control System
- Manual variation of the output high voltage with variable speed control.
- Automatic raise of the output voltage to a pre-defined value with pre-defined speed.
- Timers with START/ RESET switch for automatic switching off high voltage at pre- selected time period.
- Over voltage and over current protection with alarm indicator.
- Multiple test sequence can be programmed (Optional feature).
- Test voltage vs. time can be displayed in the form of a diagram. (Optional feature).
- Display of all alarms and warnings.
- Report Generation Software.